They don’t call it “Title Town for nuthin’! For the second year in a row, Green Bay tops 247wallstreet.com‘s list of Drunkest Cities in America. Appleton again comes in at #3. Oshkosh-Neenah-Menasha is #6, Fondy is #12 and Sheboygan is #15.
TOP TEN REASONS WHY GREEN BAY IS AGAIN AMERICA’S DRUNKEST CITY
- Have you tasted the tap water?
- One of few cities where your Bloody Mary chaser is served with a chaser.
- Many bouts of binge drinking are fueled by feelings of shame brought on the knowledge that the mayor is a convicted criminal.
- City’s burgeoning rat population have a taste for brandy Old Fashioneds.
- Only place in America that should have a warning on the cable cast of it’s city council meetings cautioning that watching may lead to alcoholism.
- Many residents turn to alcohol to help cope with nightmares from seeing Larry McCarren’s pinkies.
- Show me a person who says they watched a Packer game with Brett Hundley at quarterback without drinking and I’ll show you a g-damn liar.
- Some residents are drinking to excess to cope with separation anxiety caused by Guy Zima’s exit from city government.
- It’s home to Titletown Brewing, Badger State Brewing, Stillmank Brewing, Noble Roots Brewing, Hinterland Brewing, Copper State Brewing. What the hell do you think they’re all brewing; tea?
- While in many cities people order smaller beers, Green Bay residents don’t do that for fear that if they order a “shorty”, the bartender will bring them the mayor.