Just over three years ago, Len and I approached Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt about changing a city street name to McCarthy\'s Way to show our support to the coach and the team as they prepared to play in the NFC championship game against the New York Giants. The mayor did so temporarily.
Now at this week\'s Return to Titletown, His Honor unveiled his big idea. Change a street to McCarthy\'s Way. Sound familiar? And did he give us a mention? A tip of the hat? A nod of the head? A go f yourself? No. Nothin\'! So, here\'s our list of....
OTHER IDEAS OF OURS GREEN BAY MAYOR JIM SCHMITT CAN TAKE.
10. Spend a million dollars of tax payer money to buy Jerry Lee Lewis\' favorite Tilt-A-Whirl.
9. Raise money for city by selling permits for an annual month long FIB Hunting Season.
8. Punish anyone caught scalping Return to Titletown tickets for anything over face value by making them sit through a speech by Tom Zalaski.
7. Replace Green Bay City Council with pack of poo flinging monkeys and award a cash prize if anybody notices a change.
6. Create amusing photo op at next year\'s frigid Return to Titletown bash by sticking your tongue on the Lombardi Trophy. We double dog dare you.
5. Switch jobs with Clay Matthews for a week and let him show those pussies on the Ashwaubenon Village board who really gets to call the shot round these parts.
4. There is no number 4. Number 4 spent Super Bowl Sunday watching the game on he TV in his hog barn.
3. To enable more fans to participate, hold next year\'s Return to Titletown Celebration in someplace larger than Lambeau Field like maybe inside one of Tom Milbourn\'s hats.
2. Stop making the inability to organize a one man rush to a 12-hole outhouse as a requirement to work for the Green Bay Police Department.
1. Honor the player who most helped the Packers win the NFC Championship game by renaming a street Jay Cutler Boulevard.